Presentations are simple and should not be formal. It's always best to speak from the heart and to put a 'face' on the organization. Be sure your charity is recognized as a 501(c)(3) organization. If you're not sure, check its website or ask them, or you can check guidestar.org to be sure. Some suggestions to cover:
- What is the name of the organization?
- Where is the organization located? (Remember...it needs to serve locally)
- What purpose does the organization serve? (Who do they serve, what do they do, etc.)
- How would the organization benefit from our donation?
- How will the funds be used?
- If chosen, to whom would the group make a check payable to?